“The African of the year” is one of the most prestigious categories of the first edition of Africa Top Success Awards. It includes the most influential African personalities who get a great successful experience in their respective domains (economic, cultural and sports). Like all other categories, the prize of the African of the year will be awarded to the candidate who will collect the largest number of vote from the readers.
Who will be elected the African of the year 2014?
- Adebayor Sheyi – football player – (Togo)
- Aliko Dangote – business manager – (Nigeria)
- Asalfo – artist (Magic System) – (Ivory Coast)
- Didier Drogba – football player – (Ivory Coast)
- Gervais Djondo – business manager – (Togo)
Africa Top Success Awards: L'Africain de l'année 2014
- Adebayor Sheyi – footballeur (Togo) (26%, 55 Votes)
- Didier Drogba – footballeur- ( CI) (25%, 52 Votes)
- Gervais Djondo- CEO (Togo) (24%, 50 Votes)
- Aliko Dangote – CEO-( Nigéria) (16%, 34 Votes)
- Asalfo-artiste (Magic System)- (CI) (9%, 17 Votes)
Total Voters: 208
With a wealth estimated at 25 billion dollars, the boss of the Dangote Industries group is the 1st African to join to the Top 25 of the billionaires of the world in 2014. To be continued…
The Togolese international football player and the striker of Tottenham, Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor is listed among the richest 100 celebrities in the world according to a ranking 2014 by the American magazine, Forbes with 6,5 million euro annual income.
The vocal leader and founder of the Magic System group is at the top of his glory with the 16th gold disc won in September 2014 with “Africainement Vôtre”, the last album of the group.
The celebrity of the Ivorian player in his native country led the artist Tiken Jah Fakoly to declare in October 2014 that Didier Drogba is the face of the national reconciliation in Ivory Coast.
Co-fondateur of the Ecobank group and the honorary chairman of Asky Airlines, Gervais Koffi Gbondjidè Djondo is above all guided by the Pan-Africanism.
Original text by: Roger ADZAFO