Togo cuts up a fine figure regarding technological innovations. After the second innovation prize for Africa 2014 won by Logou Minsob with Foufoumix, another Togolese, Afate Kodjo Gnikou, author of the 3D printer made with the objects of recyclable material “3D Wafate Printer“, drawn attention.
“3D Wafate Printer” or the printer of the poor impressed the international jury during the 10th FabLab International Conference (incubator laboratories) in Barcelona. One of the particularities of the invention by the Togolese, Afate Kodjo Gnikou, is the nature of the materials used in the manufacturing of his printer. Indeed, the Togolese did not require the western large production units before releasing his masterpiece that arouses the curiosity of all. Computing waste is enough for Afate Kodjo Gnikou to create an operational 3D printer.
The invention by the Togolese “100 % made in Togo” aims to be ecological, democratic and intended for the poor people. The Togolese minister for the Post offices and telecommunication, Mrs. Cina Lawson. congratulated the prize-winner and reaffirmed her supports to the project.
The three-dimensional printing allows producing a real object: the file of the object drawn in CAP (computer-aided production) is sent towards a specific printer which cuts it into pieces and puts or solidifies the material layer upon layer to obtain the final object. The system is thus closer to that of a classic 2D printer: the chokes used, that put down the glue, are moreover identical to those of the office printers. It is the piling of these layers that creates a volume.
- Logou Minsob – Pounding machine, Foufoumix – (Togo)
- Thierry N’doufou – Educational touchpad, Qelasy – (Ivory Coast)
- Arthur Zang – Medical touchpad, Cardiopad – (Cameroon)
- Afate Kodjo Gnikou – 3D printer – (Togo)
Africa Top Success Awards : L’innovation africaine de l’année 2014
- WoeLab (Afate Kodjo Gnikou) – Imprimante 3D- (Togo) (51%, 22 Votes)
- Arthur Zang – Tablette médicale Cardiopad- (Cameroun) (23%, 10 Votes)
- Logou Minsob - Machine à piler Foufoumix- (Togo) (21%, 9 Votes)
- Thierry N’doufou – Tablette éducative Qelasy- (Côte d’Ivoire) (5%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 43
Original text by: Roger ADZAFO